Monday, July 4, 2016

Facebook: June 28, 2016

My port—AKA my third nipple
Today is my first day of chemo, today is the first day of my fight. As I prepare myself for this battle, I couldn't feel more love, confidence, support, and courage than I've ever felt in my life. On one hand, I'm emotionally overflowing with the amount of compassion and warmth I'm fortunate enough to be at the receiving end of. On the other hand, complete stoicism, because there's a part of this fight to which no emotions belong.

This day marks the start of a war that I never thought I'd have to wage, but this is why I've become the woman I am. I am strong, I am wicked, I am feisty and I've got this. Thank you all for being my army. Today is my first day of chemo, today is the first day of my fight and I will never stop fighting.

Love and light,

~ N

______________________________

This was my battle cry. 

I was answered with the most beautiful responses of support. So much love and pure goodness. I believe I have to succeed. There's no other possible outcome. 






1 comment: